Hey everyone. So I guess I’ve been away long enough that some of you have missed me. So thanks to those who have reached out. I’ll provide a post detailing exactly what has been going on, why I’ve been silent for 5 months, and what to expect from AMTF soon. The short story is that I’ve become a little disillusioned (read : Pissed) with the photography education industry and decided to put 100% of my effort into running my own business. The upside is that I’ve learned a few new things that I’ll be sharing soon. Here are some nuggets to whet your appetite for what I’ll be posting about soon:
- Why I no longer believe that the photography market is over-saturated
- How to satisfy the photographer’s need for recognition
- Why our time-honored pricing strategies disappoint our clients
- The real story about how the Speaking/Convention industry works behind the curtain
I’ve got a lot to say, and I think I’m finally ready to say it. I’ve also made a bunch of changes to what was previously known as the SEXY BUSINESS Workshop. For now, the in-person Workshop is retired though I’m still offering the same (actually a significantly improved) process one-on-one over Skype/Google+. I’ll also be putting a bunch of this information out as products in book and video format. You can expect another post about this soon, but again in the interest of getting you all excited here is what is planning for the pipeline:
- SEXY BUSINESS – a guide to branding and positioning a photography business
- The SEXY BUSINESS Plan – how to master the accounting side of your business and ensure personal satisfaction
- The VALUE of PRICE – a complete philosophical dissection of what your price and pricing structure can do for you and how it can influence who hires you and how much the pay. Also, I’ll be debunking the time-honored, often-promoted pricing strategies that photographers employ and show why they consistently work against us. Expect a series of new and immediately employable pricing models.
- High-end vs. High-dollar – Exploration of the difference between making a lot of money and working with people who have a lot of money. The different tactics that make each model work and how to decide which works best for you and align the rest of your business to achieve it.
Those are the products that I’m currently in the middle of finishing up. But that’s the future. Today I just want to express a little gratitude for those who have kept AMTF in the back of their mind and hoped that it would return soon. I’m ready to get back on the horse and I have some new things to share. Chief among those new things is a podcast that I recorded with Michael Howard of MUSEA. Michael and I have been friends for a while and we’ve spoken a few times in the past ( AMTF Episode 2). I think this turned out really great, and it sort of encapsulates what has been on my mind lately so I’m very grateful for Michael for having me on. If you like this episode please let Michael and I know and we might make this a more regular thing.
Thanks again, and let me know what you’ve been missing and what you’d like to see going forward for …a Man to Fish…
- Todd Reichman